Here’s a plant that gets a lot of attention at Retreat. The woody trunk gives the aralia fabian stump a whimsical, outdoorsy look for an indoor houseplant. Since this plant looks unfamiliar, or different than your usual houseplants, we find some people are fearful to give it a try. The aralia Fabian stump actually does very well indoors in a container, and it does not require any exceptional care. We recommend allowing the first few inches of soil to dry before watering. When on the fence about watering, it’s probably better to wait just a bit longer—these plants do not like to be overwatered.
Quick Tips and Tricks for your Aralia Fabian Stump:
- Water once the first few inches of soil has dried
- Be careful not to over-water
- Consider using a well draining soil
- If you don’t mind the extra effort, these plants do seem to do better with filtered or distilled water—leaving out tap water for 24 hours does the trick
- Bright indirect, or medium indirect like is best for this plant
- Consider occasionally turning your plant for nice, even growth
- This plant is considered toxic. If you need to see some pet friendly plants, we have complied a list on blog post here.
Looking for more? Check out some of our other plant posts on our blog.